Use a combination of mouse and keyboard:
- WASD or SHIFT+RMB to pan the camera.
- Mousewheel zooms the camera in and out.
- LMB tells your Autonaut where to go and what to interact with. If used on a tile with an item, your Autonaut will pick the item up.
- RMB drops held items or adds held items to blueprint requirements.
- Space blows your whistle to get the attention of workerbots.
- I opens your inventory: shown is what your Autonaut is currently holding, and what your Autonaut is storing; you can drag and drop objects between slots - and even trade with your workerbots.
- , and . (< and >) cycle forwards and backwards through your inventory (to swap the item in your hands).
- / or Q stows the held item (assuming there's space in your inventory) so you can use your empty hands for other tasks.
- Z uses the object in your hands (for certain objects, like signs, beacons, and baskets)
- E brings up the Edit Menu, where you choose which blueprint(s) to begin gathering resources for; note that some things can only be built on flooring.
- R rotates building blueprints clockwise so you can choose which way they face.
- RMB deletes a blueprint; DEL (fn-backspace on Mac) allows you to delete buildings once built (but only while in Edit Mode).
- Esc pauses the game and brings up the Pause Menu, from where you can save and load progress.
Getting Started Edit
Here is a quick guide on how to get you started:
- Pick up a stick, then click on a stone while holding a stick to build a crude axe.
- Chop down some trees.
- Go to the Edit Menu (E) and select the Simple Flooring blueprint and place two of them down side by side.
- Build the Simple Flooring by putting logs into it.
- Call up the Edit Menu again and select Crude Bench Saw blueprint; place one on the built flooring.
- Build the Crude Bench Saw by putting logs, planks and a stone into it (use your axe to chop logs to make planks and explore to find stones lying around - you can also get stone by mining metal deposits with a pickaxe).
- Add a Worker Assembler blueprint (which doesn't need to be on the Simple Flooring).
- Use the Crude Bench Saw to make planks and poles for the Worker Assembler.
- Add a Basic Workbench blueprint (you might need more Simple Flooring) and build it.
- Click the Basic Workbench and change its output to crude gear.
- Stick a plank into the Basic Workbench to get the crude gear out.
- Add the crude gear to the Worker Assembler along with planks and poles to make your first workerbot.
- Press Space to whistle and then click on your workerbot to select it.
- Click 'Teach', then chop down a tree yourself, click 'Repeat', and then click 'Go' to save your training.
- Click 'Trade' and put an axe into its hand (one of the top-left slots).
- Sit back and enjoy watching your workerbot chop trees forever (well, until its axe breaks).
- Now automate everything else!
Resource Matrix Edit
All the resources in one handy list – detail the combinations that make up complex resources.